Chris' Wish Charity Auction Event will be held on November 3rd at Shade Hotel/Lounge in Manhattan Beach. Contribute by clicking the “Donate” button above. Event attendance requires a minimum donation of $85/person. You can also donate the night of the event by paying $100 at the door.
We have committed to raising over $50,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) in its fight against blood cancers. Achieving this goal will allow us to establish an LLS grant in honor of Chris, and select the research that our donation will fund.
Two and a half years ago, I lost my only brother and best friend, Chris, to Hodgkin's Lymphoma (cancer of the lymphatic system). For many months to follow I was numb with shock, feeling empty and lost, regretful and remorseful that I wasn't able to do more. As time passed, encouragement and support from family and friends led me to a renewed sense of purpose and a commitment to honor my brother by helping others in his name. Thus, Chris' Wish was born. Chris' Wish has three core objectives:
- To honor Christian Xavier through the collective efforts of his extended support community
- To improve treatment options for blood cancer patients by raising much-needed research funds
- To promote the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) and its core aim of "help[ing] blood cancer patients live better, longer lives"
This year, we're taking our efforts to the next level.
For just over a year, we watched my little brother fight for his life against Hodgkin's Lymphoma, as one treatment after another proved ineffective. It was devastating and surreal, and I can think of no more fitting way to honor Chris than to ensure that future blood cancer patients can truly live better, longer lives.
Joyce Xavier Lennon
Chris' Wish Charity Auction Event
Venue: Shade Hotel/Lounge in Manhattan Beach
Date: Saturday November 3rd, 2012
Time: 5:00-9:00 PM
(Silent and Live Auctions begin at 7:00 PM; DJ starts at 9:00 PM)
Auction items to date:
- House on vineyard in Napa
- Eco Resort in Costa Rica
- 1 Week at Emerald Bay Resort in Mazatlan
- 2 hr Private Volleyball clinic with Olympian volley ball players
- Chef Andrew Colehower - private dinner at home with guests including entertainment by Bruce Lennon
- LACC - Golf, lunch, limo
- Photography by Felicia Endelman
- Laker Tickets
- Concert Tickets
- UFC fighter memorabilia
- Lunch/dinner with UFC fighter
- Patman Meats
- Stay at Shade Hotel
- Custom jewelry by Liz Gosiak
- Trilogy Spa Package
- Barre Physique private classes
- Lalicious gift basket
- Med Spa Package
- Fitness classes at Fit On Studios
- Home Design consultation from Caroline Burke, Interior Designer
- Ann Taylor accessories
- Hypnotherapy Session
- Botox Party for 4 - Dr. Nettles of Beverly Hills
- Direct TV package and services for 1 year
- Time Share - Mexico
- 3 day exotic motorcycle rental from MotoQuest
- Various local restaurant gift certificates
And much, much more!
Donate by CheckMake checks payable to:
Joyce Xavier Lennon
2705 Palm Ave
Manhattan Beach, CA, USA
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Get InvolvedOn Saturday November 3rd, 2012, we will host the second Chris' Wish Charity Auction Event at Shade Hotel/Lounge in Manhattan Beach. Here's how YOU can get involved:
- Contribute by following the "Donate" button (top-left). Event attendance requires a minimum donation of $85/attendee by Oct 15th, 2012 ($100/attendee at the event).
- Join the Chris' Wish team -- Volunteer your time and skills by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with your general availability and thoughts on how you might be able to contribute.
- Donate items -- Donate items personally or collect from others for the raffle and silent auction. Email a list of secured items to email@example.com. *Some Raffle/Auction item ideas: Case of wine, iPad, iPhone, Laker tickets (or other sporting event), Sports memorabilia, Artwork, Disneyland tickets for the family, Airline vouchers, Spa packages, etc.